The Alabama Historical Radio Society gets involved with many projects over the years and one of the most involved recently has been the Scott Philharmonic. Known as the Stradivarius of radios, it was handmade by the E. H. Scott Radio Laboratories Inc. and out performed all of its competitors. Sold in the 1930’s and 40’s, it could cost more than a new Cadillac. In most cases only the wealthy could afford one, but it was probably worth it. Just take a look at this chrome plated power supply and class A power amplifier with FOUR 6L6s. Now that’s first class. Here’s a shot of Marvin Shepherd our chief engineer with the unit.
Marvin completely disassembled the unit so it could be rechromed, then reassembled it.